Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

The Peripatetic Philosopher introduces A WAY OF THINKING ABOUT THINGS!

Dr. Fisher writes, “Work has been my laboratory. I would keep notes as to my reaction to situations as a way of coping. These scraps of paper came to define me and my way of thinking, giving me insight into my behavior and that of others.” We all have jobs during the different phases of our lives: as a student in school, athlete on a school team, student at university, and then various jobs in life. Dr. Fisher says, “I’ve enjoyed my various jobs finding them valuable learning experiences. There were some rough spots. Trained as a chemist, only to find I was not a good chemist in the laboratory, preferring chemical theory to its application. Taking a job as a chemical sales engineer proved terrifying. The scraps of paper proved my salvation as I would write down after each call what was upsetting, finding upon examining these bits of paper later that patterns were apparent, patterns that led to success.” The ideas in this book come from that source.




$10.95 Kindle paperback

 READARA OFFERS: A WAY OF THINKING ABOUT THINGS!: Essays Of Dr. Fisher In Social Psychology

Home, Fitness & Dieting, Psychology & Counseling, Occupational & Organizational Psychology -- SHARE


No comments:

Post a Comment